$25 and Thriftbooks or Why I Should Probably Seek Professional Help: Part 2

 
   For $4.20 I found a hardback edition of my favorite L. M. Montgomery book.  The Blue Castle is not very well-known compared to the Anne or even Emily of New Moon series.  But it is a gentle read that is always satisfying.  I wanted a hardback of this one because I reread regularly and wanted one that would last.


   This copy of John Donne's Devotions on Emergent Occasions look completely new.  It was $3.59.  It has been years since I read this spiritual classic.  I began reading it with the intention of taking notes and underlining phrases.  I found these was too much to underline.  I think I'll have to reread it several times before I am able to make any kind of notations in it.


  My final $3.61 was spent on The Cranford Chronicles.  This edition is a collection of three Gaskell novellas, Cranford, Mr. Harrison's Confessions, and My Lady Ludlow.  This must have been the book that writes of the mini-series Cranford combined into one story.  

  And that was my $25.  And for additional $3.99, I found Phil's Father's Day present.  Which I already gave to him.  Because I have no self-control when it comes to gift-giving.

   This book was in perfect condition.  It is suppose to be all the knowledge a boy needs to know.  I was able to find the U.K. edition.  So in addition to how to make a tree house and go-cart, it contains chapters on cricket and conkers.  

  So, I should have a enough books to get me through the summer.  Until I get another $10 or so.  And then it's back to the used bookstores or thriftbooks.com 

Comments